GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON
DHARMA IN DIGITAL AGE
CONFLUENCE OF ACADEMICS, PUBLIC INTELLECTUALS, TECHNOLOGISTS, AND DHARMA RESEARCHERS
DATE: JUNE 14-16, 2024
VENUE: GEORGIA TECH, ATLANTA, USA
The Digital Age, From a Dharmic Lens
THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION
The digital age has transformed our world, truly turning it into a global village. Technology’s march forward has touched every aspect of society, enhancing various aspects of human life.
DOUBLE -EDGED SWORD
While digital technology is often hailed as a miraculous tool, it brings its share of challenges: privacy concerns, the digital divide, and ethical dilemmas mark today’s hyper-connected society.
THE ROLE OF DHARMA
In the midst of diverse ideologies grappling with these issues, Dharma based models and theory promises to offer a multifaceted understanding and solutions to challenges faced.
Dharma and Digital Technology
THE ESSENCE OF DHARMA
Dharma, the foundation of Indic civilization and philosophy, offers principles that support both individuals and society. Yet, its application in addressing digital age challenges remains to be fully articulated.
Advancements in technology alone cannot solve these challenges. A blend of human consciousness, social responsibility, and spiritual evolution, alongside technological innovation, can provide deeper insights.
Reimagining Technology vis-a-vis Culture
QUESTIONING TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSALITY
Is technology culture-specific, or does it transcend cultural boundaries seamlessly? This conference seeks to explore how the Dharmic framework can inform practical strategies for the digital era.
INTERFACING TECHNOLOGY AND DHARMIC PHILOSOPHY
We aim to foster dialogue on integrating technology with Dharmic principles, focusing on ontological, epistemological, and axiological aspects.
Explore and Contribute
We welcome research submissions exploring the intersection of technology and Dharmic philosophy. This call is open to various themes that align with the conference’s main focus.
Join us in this exploration to redefine the relationship between technology and culture through the lens of Dharma.
Technology, society, and multiple worldviews
Ethical issues with various technologies and dharmic perspective on ethics and policy
Approaches to environmental sustainability
Education models in the advent of emerging technologies
Integrative health and wellness
Leadership and group dynamics
Conception of art in the digital age
Approaches to environmental sustainability
- Huge cash awards, with $11K for first place
- Chance to work with bestselling authors
- Learn to apply ancient wisdom in career and life. Haven’t many of our top Indian origin CEOs done just that?
- Develop a strong understanding of the Indian part of your identity
- Reconnect with your creative self
- Get intellectually stimulated as your perspectives get challenged
CALL FOR PAPERS
Inviting academicians, researchers and intellectuals from all walks of life
Participate in this first of its kind conference to uniquely understand and deliberate upon how Dharma can and should operate and shape the digital age.
- Extended abstract due by March 15th, 2024
- Paper acceptance communicated by March 31st, 2024
- Final paper due by May 15th, 2024
- Early bird registration for the conference – April 1st – 15th, 2024
- Last date of registration for the conference – May 15th, 2024
Submit EXTENDED abstract
Please submit the extended abstract of your research paper or a poster by 15th March 2024
Paper/Poster Submission Policies
- Submissions must reflect original work or major developments in previously reported work. Papers are NOT eligible if 1. They are published prior to the meeting or accepted for publication before being submitted, or 2. Modified in only secondary respects after presentation or publication.
- You may elect to submit either full papers (15-30 pages) or extended abstracts (3-5 pages including tables and figures). Final paper for selected abstracts will be due by May 15, 2024.
- Extended Abstracts must be sufficiently detailed to allow organizers to judge the merits of the paper. Typically, extended abstracts consist of a statement of research question (and underlying theoretical aspects, if appropriate), the data and research methods, and preliminary findings. They should be able to persuade the organizers that researchers are able to complete the paper before they present their work.
- You are free to revise the extended abstract until the last date of abstract submission.
- Only one single-authored paper/extended abstract presentation is permitted.
- Presenting and non-presenting authors (if applicable) must be accurately reflected in the submission.
- Presenting authors are required to register for and attend the conference.
Interested in attending as audience?
You are someone with a can-do attitude? You take your volunteering as seriously as your day job. You’re a doer and problem solver. You’re our tribe. Join us for an energizing and fulfilling experience.